Current Job Opportunities
The Iowa Department of Administrative Services – Human Resources Enterprise is seeking candidates for a Human Resources Professional 2. Individual will be responsible for developing and recommending selection tools and measures of knowledge, ability skill, and special requirements for the Executive Branch selection system and independently apply regulations, policies, methods, and procedures to effectuate these operations. This position will be responsible for monitoring the operation of the selection system by compiling reports, evaluating data, and making recommendations for program or policy changes. Individual will work closely with a number of internal functional teams and external stakeholder groups and will serve as the State’s selection expert.
Duties and responsibilities to include the following:
- Evaluate the current State of Iowa merit selection system methodologies and develop and implement improved selection methods, such as self-credentialing, pre-employment testing, and behavior-based interviewing, with a focus on automating these processes in the state’s applicant tracking system (BrassRing) where possible. Develop, update, and maintain associated manuals, guidance documents, and related resources.
- Serve as a lead for the pre-employment process team. Monitors vacancy approval, posting, recall/outplacement compliance, application intake and review, eligibility review, communications and notices, eligible list issuance, and requisition closure. Operationalizes changes as they are implemented.
- Represents the State in appeals of applicants who have received notice of disqualification.
- Will work with the classification team on proposed changes/clarification to job classification minimum qualifications, selectives, competencies, and other facets of the job classification descriptions to evaluate impact to the selection process.
Essential functions for this position will include the following:
- Knowledge of the State’s centralized personnel management system including rules, regulations, and policies that relate to the state personnel management functions.
- Knowledge of employment selection practices and principles.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws governing selection.
- Ability to manage conflicts and mediate management concerns.
- Provide leadership, structure tasks, plans and objectives to meet deadlines.
- Lead and work in a team environment.
- Will need the ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing with stakeholders, advocacy groups, and agency management and staff.
- Have the ability to develop and maintain internal databases, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to develop, compiles, and prepares written reports.
The position is located in Des Moines, IA. Travel throughout Iowa may be required. Work hours may vary and include some evenings and weekends.
All Applicants Must Apply Online at the State of Iowa's job board - http://www.das.hre.iowa.gov/state_jobs.html
**Be certain to set your search for Req ID # 14480BR**
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree and the equivalent of four years of full-time professional level human resources management experience such as employment, recruitment, position classification, compensation, labor relations, collective bargaining, safety, worker’s compensation, wellness and benefits administration.
Applicants must meet selective 904 Applicant Selection.
The following link provides selective information
Position Close Date: 10/26/2014
If you are seeking a challenging career full of accomplishment, reward, and opportunity, you will discover Iowa State Government is the place for you. The State of Iowa has a rich and diverse population, where community, culture and differences matter; and where exceptional work ethic, values and peace of mind all come together! The more you know about the State of Iowa, the more you will know it’s the right fit for you!
There are over 30 agencies in state government providing services to Iowans requiring specialized talent in agriculture, corrections, cultural affairs, economic development, education, human services, natural resources, public health, public safety, revenue, transportation, veterans’ services and more. In serving Iowans, the Department of Administrative Services has adopted the guiding principles of business as a way of doing business and has embraced an entrepreneurial management concept in the way products and services are delivered. Entrepreneurial management is a customer-focused, efficient and innovative approach to delivering services in a competitive and diverse marketplace. Join a team that thinks differently – knowing diverse needs require diverse solutions.
- Develops strong relationships with clients through effective communication.
- Collaborates with clients to develop core human resource programs for clients, such as handbooks, job descriptions, performance appraisal systems, compensation evaluations, and best management practices.
- Conducts a periodic review of existing handbooks to perform updates and ensure ongoing compliance.
- Collaborates with clients regarding current job descriptions on an ongoing basis, ensuring essential functions are up to date, and descriptions are created for new positions.
- Works with client to pro-actively identify areas of legal exposure, and provide assistance and guidance, i.e. FLSA, Title VII, FMLA, etc.
- Assists client managers and other supervisors with employee discipline and corrective action, hiring, promotion and discharge techniques to promote satisfactory employee relations in which to reduce the probability of future unjust discharge or discrimination claims. Uses discretion to determine if review of written documentation prior to disseminating to the employee is needed.
- Develops proactive initiatives and problem solving to meet client’s human resource needs and provide value added services. Conducts annual needs analysis with targeted key clients.
- Performs HR audit for new clients to assess compliance and strategic needs.
- Provides advice to and tools for clients on the hiring process by providing behavioral interviewing guidelines, application templates, pre-employment testing information, and recruiting assistance.
- Provides advice to and tools for clients on the termination process by providing advice regarding best practices and alternatives to separation, and template separation agreements.
- Conducts investigations related to allegations of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation. Provides summary of investigation, along with recommendations to clients.
- Assists in investigation and resolution of employee grievances and coordinates processes of responding to complaints.
- Assists the client and Director, HR with investigations and information-gathering regarding EPLI claims.
- Provides some assistance and oversight of unemployment claims and leaves of absence administered by the HR Specialist. Becomes directly involved with the leave and unemployment processs when necessary and appropriate.
- Conducts new manager/supervisor orientations on compliance issues, such as harassment and work related injuries. Makes recommendations and assists with the performance of Merit Resource formal training programs, such as harassment and management best practices.
- Collaborates with the Client Service Managers to assist clients with the open enrollment process including communications, contribution decisions, client meetings, and employee meetings.
- During new client start ups, open enrollment and projects the work load may require evening and weekend work along with the potential for travel.
- Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four year college or university in the field of human resources or related field
Required Work Experience:
Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of HRIS, Client Relationship Management programs, Mircosoft Office products, Outlook, and Internet.
Required Skills or traits for the position:
- Ability to effectively communicate using a variety of methods including written and verbal communication styles.
- Ability to critically think through situations involving several variables in a changing environment.
- Ability to navigate through stressful situations , make recommendations, and provide options for client situations.
- Requires outstanding judgment and initiative in dealing with complex factors not easily evaluated and decisions for which there is little precedent.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum: Must be certified Professional in Human Resources (PHR) within 1 year of meeting the current HRCI qualifications to test for certification.
Interested applicants can send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a non-merit at will position with the Department of Administrative Services, Human Resources Enterprise. To apply, applicants must follow the instructions below in the “To Apply” section.
The Department of Administrative Services (DAS) is seeking applicants for a Public Service Executive 5 position. The individual will be the Chief Operating Officer (COO) for the department’s Human Resources Enterprise (HRE). As the COO the individual will be responsible for human resources strategic and mission critical vision, leadership, direction, and execution on a statewide basis (for approximately 20,000 employees) for state agencies, both on and off the Capitol Complex. This position manages an annual operational budget of approximately $97 million and a staff of approximately 50. The position serves as an integral member of the DAS Executive Leadership Team. In addition to establishing and implementing the strategy and providing leadership to HRE, the individual will be responsible for the direction, analysis, management, execution, and utilization of all HRE services and programs within the bureaus of Risk & Benefits Management, Employment and Organizational Performance, including collective bargaining, and is directly responsible for a variety of tasks and duties including, but not limited to:
- Developing and executing short term, intermediate and long term strategy and business plans consistent with the goals and objectives of the Director.
- Leading, directing, and evaluating the efforts of HRE Bureau Chiefs and their staff to ensure programs and services are meeting the needs and expectations of the department, state agencies, and the public. This leadership and direction includes financial management, development and implementation of policy management, service delivery, and oversight of all programs provided by HRE.
- Collaborating with HRE Bureau Chiefs and staff to thoughtfully resolve issues and to refine and improve the operation of HRE. This involves working closely with the DAS Customer Council, state agencies, collective bargaining units, HRE staff, and the public.
- Provide meaningful and timely information and advice to the Director which may be provided to or shared with the Governor’s Office, Department of Management or the legislature on all aspects of HRE operations and programs, some of which may be of a confidential nature. Continually improve working relationships with the customers of the Department of Administrative Services and with the Executive and Legislature branch decision makers.
Interested applicants must send a resume and a cover letter that outlines your experience as related to this position to:
State of Iowa
Department of Administrative Services – Director’s Office
ATTN: Tera Granger
1305 East Walnut, Des Moines, IA 50319
Resumes and cover letters may also be emailed to: email@example.com
Company: GuideOne Insurance
GuideOne Insurance is a nationally recognized Property and Casualty Insurance company that provides insurance to houses of worship, senior living communities and educational institutions. We also offer homeowners, personal auto and renters insurance.
We are currently seeking a Talent Acquisition Consultant who will be responsible for the company’s talent acquisition function, anticipating and meeting the talent needs of the organization. This includes developing and maintaining an employment branding strategy for the company. This position is accountable for the full life-cycle recruiting process of sourcing, attracting, recruiting, interviewing, and on-boarding employees into the organization. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Exercises some autonomy and independent judgment.
- Manages the full life-cycle recruiting process: Sources and data mines resumes. Conducts phone screens and behavioral interviews. Collaborates with hiring managers on open positions, job descriptions and future talent needs of the company. Consults with hiring managers on selection criteria and offer details. Negotiate salaries as necessary. Manages outside vendor relationships as appropriate. Coordinates talent assessments and consults on findings.
- Works with managers and HR Business Partners to anticipate and meet the talent needs of the organization. Conducts regular follow-up meetings with managers to determine the effectiveness of the company’s recruitment strategies. Researches and recommends cost effective recruiting strategies for passive candidates. Participates in professional networking/internet media recruiting. Participates in college recruiting initiatives. Coordinates internship programs throughout the company.
- Develops and maintains an Employment Branding Strategy; and corporate policy for talent bench-marking, talent assessment, and interviewing policies. Collaborates with the Legal Department to ensure compatibility with employment law.
- Manages the Applicant Tracking System. This includes keeping all applicant information up to date including logging interviews, manager feedback, keeping the applicant’s status updated as necessary, etc. Tracks and reports key metrics designed to measure and predict staffing activity.
About GuideOne Insurance
GuideOne has an “A” rating from A.M. Best, employs approximately 750 individuals across the country, and is licensed to do business in all 50 states. We strive to hire the best people, enhance professional growth through training and development, and provide the resources to encourage employees to pursue the highest levels of excellence. In addition, GuideOne employees are rewarded for their personal contributions when the company reaches its profitability goals. Our work environment for our employees is caring and motivating with strong open communication. Our success is exemplified by a 94% retention rate and an average 15 years of tenure.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance. In addition, we offer paid holidays, a generous Personal Time Off program as well as Illness Time Off. We offer added value benefits of educational assistance, wellness incentives and reimbursement, free parking, and an onsite cafeteria with subsidized lunch. Our total compensation package includes a bonus structure and 401k match with a discretionary contribution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resource management, business administration or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years related talent acquisition/recruiting experience in progressively responsible position.
- PHR Certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to use common and complex concepts, practices and procedures within the recruiting field.
- Proven experience recruiting via professional networking media including LinkedIn. Must have experience data mining resumes.
- Experience working with an Applicant Tracking System.
- Knowledge of HR related law, rules and regulations required.
- Excellent customer service, communication and strong interpersonal skills to interview, assess, persuade and negotiate with candidates.
- Ability to convey clear, concise information to others, using verbal or other appropriate communication techniques.
This Company Participates in E-Verify in MS, GA, AL
Background Check Required
To submit application, click here.
To view complete job list, click here.
Company: HomeServices Mortgage
A Great Job Awaits a Great Person! Organized? Computer savvy? Human resources or payroll experience on your resume? Like numbers and working with a variety of people? If you are saying “yes" to these questions, this could be your next big opportunity. HomeServices of America has an excellent opportunity for an HR administrative professional who has strong payroll background, good attention to detail, enjoys a variety of tasks, and has great interpersonal and team skills. HomeServices of America - a leader in residential real estate services and a proud affiliate of Berkshire Hathaway - is seeking an HR/Payroll Administrator for our expanding mortgage division.
The HR/Payroll Administrator provides HR and payroll support for the Company, process payroll entries and ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll processing tasks. This role will also assist with general HR activities, including reporting, administration and recruiting activities.
This position partners closely HomeServices' corporate HR staff in the areas of benefits, payroll and reporting, in addition to working closely with local finance team. This position will help support over 400 staff around the country, with operations centers in Des Moines, IA and Minneapolis, MN and San Bernardino, CA . This position is well suited to an experienced HR Specialist or Payroll Administrator with experience in both medium size companies and divisional HR roles. Experience in the mortgage, financial, or banking industry or with growing or start-up operations is helpful.
•Establish and maintain company and employee payroll records for multiple states. Run a variety of payroll and time reporting reports and perform routine audit duties.
•Administer the company time tracking system for all employees. Review time entry validation and other payroll reports to verify accuracy of time entry and resulting pay implications.
•Reconcile payroll-related activity accounts and interact with corporate HR Payroll team, and local finance team. Research and respond to inquires from management and employees.
•Complete new hire, change and termination paperwork. Responsible for maintaining personnel records and files.
•Support the recruiting process such as posting jobs, reviewing applications and reference checks.
•Respond to questions and direct employees to available resources for benefit plans, leave and disability information.
•Assist employees with on-line benefit enrollment, direct deposit, ADP I-pay and other related questions.
•Support the administration, tracking and reporting of employee training.
•Assist in administering the company safety program, including reporting and tracking data.
•Provide interpretation, implementation and administration of HR related policies and procedures. Assist with compliance initiatives such as HR Self Audits.
•Assist with company activities and events, company recognition and discount programs.
The ideal candidate must have:
•Associate's degree or equivalent work experience or knowledge
•2 - 4 years of related experience in payroll, HR or accounting
• Experience with multi-state payroll helpful
•Proficiency in creating spreadsheets and databases and extracting information
•Strong math skills
•Experience in both medium size companies and divisional-corporate environment helpful
•Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Web-based systems.
•Experience with HRIS and reporting systems helpful
•Strong customer service skills
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
•Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects
•Ability to work independently and handle confidential information
Company: Iowa Department of Administrative Services - Human Resources Enterprise
If you are seeking a challenging career full of accomplishment, reward, and opportunity, you will discover Iowa State Government is the place for you. The State of Iowa has a rich and diverse population, where community, culture and differences matter; and where exceptional work ethic, values and service all come together.
There are over 30 agencies in state government providing services to Iowans requiring specialized talent in agriculture, corrections, cultural affairs, economic development, education, human services, natural resources, public health, public safety, revenue, transportation, veterans’ services and more. In providing services to agencies, PDS has adopted the guiding principles of service, efficiency and value. Join a team that thinks differently – knowing diverse needs require diverse solutions.
The Iowa Department of Administrative Services – Human Resources Enterprise (DAS-HRE) is seeking candidates for an advanced-level position as a Training Specialist 2. Within the central unit responsible for statewide training and development, the position will report to the Organizational Performance Bureau Chief of the Human Resources Enterprise, and will design, evaluate and deliver training courses to state agencies statewide. The position will also work closely with the Program Manager for Performance & Development Solutions (PDS), and assist in consulting with stakeholders concerning training and organizational needs, and conducting needs analysis. Services provided will be based upon organizational needs, best practices, and objectives established by HRE Leadership and PDS Program Manager. This position includes responsibilty for courses focused on leadership development and organizational culture, as well as any other types of courses that may be needed.
- Conduct needs analysis, research best practices and seek out additional information from peers and leadership to obtain a thorough understanding of organizational needs.
- Utilize best practices, understanding of organizational needs and leadership objectives to recommend appropriate training solutions, including leadership seminars, workshops, classroom training, computer-based and online training.
- Plan and determine course concepts, course objectives and delivery format based upon organizational needs, best practices and leadership objectives; identify opportunities for blended learning, including computer-based and online learning, where possible.
- Design and develop instructionally sound course content and materials consistent with the ADDIE model, including curriculum outlines, instructor manuals, participant manuals, visual aids, tests and other educational activities to be used as part of the course; develop evaluation tools consistent with the Kirkpatrick model; develop online or computer-based training modules, as needed.
- Engage in evaluation process; conduct interviews with participants; compile results from surveys for review and analysis, and to determine if performance outcomes were achieved.
- Analyze results of course evaluations to determine if changes are warranted. Implement minor course revisions and keep PDS Program Manager apprised, as needed; submit recommendations to PDS Program Manager for substantive course revisions.
- Facilitate a variety of training courses.
The position is located in Des Moines, IA. Travel throughout Iowa may be required. Work hours may vary.
Critical competencies for the position include:
- Knowledge of adult learning and instructional methods, including the ADDIE model.
- Knowledge of training and development evaluation methodologies, including the Kirkpatrick model.
- Knowledge of current principles of effective leadership, supervision and employee development, including communication, human relations skills, and organizational development.
- Ability to apply human resource management principles, practices and techniques in a manner that contributes to organizational success.
- Ability to identify immediate and long-range organizational and training needs.
- Ability to manage interactions with and between others with the specific goal of providing service and organizational success.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with and among various organizational stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including those with opposing points of view, to produce impactful outcomes.
- Ability to interpret information to identify risks and determine organizational impact in providing recommendations.
- Ability to understand organizational dynamics, including stakeholder programs and services, and rules and regulations governing agency operations; accurately interpret and relate training solutions to organizational needs that will create effective organizations.
- Ability to think creatively and identify new solutions to resolve organizational problems.
- Ability to conduct needs assessments and create performance-based objectives to create learning solutions.
- Ability to design and develop instructionally sound course content.
- Ability to effectively facilitate a variety of courses; engaging participants in the content to result in performance improvement.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree and experience equal to three years full-time work in one or a combination of the following areas:
1) Professional training, teaching or counseling experience in an educational setting;
2) Professional personnel administration including such areas as job analysis, performance appraisal system, selection devices or labor relations;
3) Professional experience in a major technical program area utilized by the employing agency.
Successful candidates must also possess at least 6 months’ experience, 12 semester hours, or a combination of both including:
- Defining and delivering instructional material based on analysis of individual group and organizational behavior
- Applying appropriate measurement tools
- Identifying competency gaps
- Marketing recommendations
- Identifying instructional objectives
- Course content
- Needs assessment
- Training evaluations
Company: HomeServices Mortgage
Have strong HR generalist experience and looking for a new opportunity? HomeServices of America - a leader in residential real estate services and a proud affiliate of Berkshire Hathaway - is seeking a Sr. HR Generalist for our expanding mortgage division.
HomeServices of America’s mortgage division, newly headquartered in Des Moines, is redesigning our current joint venture mortgage operation as a wholly-owned mortgage solution which will be among the nation’s top 25 mortgage providers. The new organization will move formerly outsourced HR support to our internal HR team and provides a great opportunity to apply your experience in an established yet “new” organization.
Our ideal applicant will be able to execute hands-on activities while also having the experience and acumen to be an effective business partner. The Human Resources Generalist will support HR programs and services that drive organizational and employee performance and a productive work environment.
This position will provide HR support over 400 staff around the country, with operations centers in Des Moines, IA and Minneapolis, MN and San Bernardino, CA. This position partners closely with division management and HomeServices' corporate HR staff to carry out corporate-wide policies, programs and initiatives at a local level.
Experience in the mortgage, financial, or banking industry or with growing or start-up operations is helpful.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT/TRAINING/EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
• Plays a key role in the administration of the performance appraisal and compensation review process. Includes assisting managers in writing reviews, participates in the approval of reviews, coordinating compensation recommendations, and support overall performance management program.
•Assist with the creation, administration and presentation of employee training including new employee onboarding, company core principles and vision, manager training and other procedural and compliance-related training for the company and mortgage industry. Assists in implementing the training and development initiatives sponsored by the executive management team.
•Leads the company safety program, including managing the safety engagement program, and the creation and maintenance of the safety improvement plan and creating safety training topics and communication.
•Counsel employees and managers to facilitate resolution of employee relations issues. Provide advice and coaching to help employees manage performance or career issues.
•Coordinate company sponsored employee services and activities, including recognition, wellness, volunteer opportunities and social events.
•Coordinates the development and distribution of company-wide communications
•Coordinate and support the recruitment process including consulting with managers regarding staffing needs, interviewing, selection, compensation and maintaining job files. Conduct screening and other recruitment activities. Manage staffing agency relationships and coordinate agency recruiting efforts.
•Facilitate manager and employee new hire orientation & enrollment. Handle all new hire, status change and termination actions.
POLICY AND COMPLIANCE
•Provide consultation and interpretation of company policies and procedures to managers and employees.
•Assist with compliance initiatives, including HR self audits. Maintain working knowledge of all required local, state and federal regulations, to ensure that employment actions and programs are in compliance.
•Support a wide variety of special projects and implement and administer broad range of human resources related programs.
•Provide backup to Payroll. Track data and generate reports. Complete and coordinate payroll and personnel records and files.
The ideal candidate must have:
•Bachelors degree or equivalent in work experience and knowledge
•5 - 8 years experience in Human Resources
•PHR or SPHR preferred
•Experience as a HR Generalist, HR Specialist
•Experience in both medium size companies and divisional-corporate environment helpful
•Solid knowledge of applicable state/federal employment laws
•Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Web-based systems
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
•Experience with HRIS and reporting systems
•Ability to work independently and handle confidential information
Contact: Please apply only if you meet the qualifications noted above by sending a resume and cover letter with specific salary expectations and/or history to: Lizhatfield@homeservices.com; or applying via our posting on CareerBuilder.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB GOAL: To assist the HR Director/Manager in performing the assigned technical, daily operations within the Human Resource Department and to work with proprietary programs as a subject matter expert.
- Previous experience in human resources in a management capacity (personnel and programs)
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and rules affecting public sector employment (FMLA, FLSA, Iowa Code, AA/EO, PERB and Collective Bargaining)
- Knowledge of personnel records management
- Ability to learn proprietary software pertaining to HRIS
- Ability to analyze data and perform trend analysis
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and build relationships based on trust
- Ability to handle diversity in an objective manner
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field. Requisite work experience can substitute for formal education
- Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification or willingness to obtain within one year of employment
- Knowledge of laws specific to the educational system (Board of Educational Examiners, Department of Education, Iowa Code pertaining to teachers, etc.)
- Achieve master level competency in one or more of the following programs (AESOP, Applitrack, and I-Visions)
- Creates and manages terms of employment agreements for all classified staff
- Hires and manages substitutes (teachers, associates, secretaries, etc.) to insure full staffing
- Processes new hire and employee resignation/retirement paperwork
- Processes employee transfer requests and reassignment paperwork
- Prepares substitute payroll and submits to business office
- Reviews and approves job postings on Applitrack
- Creates advertisements for employment opportunities and other recruitment activities as assigned, such as job and career fairs
- Performs background checks on current and prospective employees and volunteers
- Coordinates student teacher placement program
- Manages the employee leave program
- Manages employee ID badge program
- Manages the employee service award program
- Tracks employee’s BOEE licenses and mandatory trainings are up-to-date
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of organizational policies and procedures
- Assist with employee handbooks, benefit sheets, and other HR documents
- Assists in the development, review and revision of job descriptions
- Assists with preparation of accurate reports as required by the district, federal, state or local agencies, such as the BEDS report
- Initiates and maintains effective liaisons with other school districts in order to keep abreast of new educational developments and ideas
- Attend meetings as assigned by the Human Resources Manager/Director
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Director, the Superintendent, and the Board
Please apply only if you meet the qualifications noted above at www.waukeeschools.org/careers/career-opportunities/
Company: United Suppliers
United Suppliers seeks a confident, enthusiastic person to assist our owners attract, hire, and retain individuals who have the best qualifications and aptitudes to make a positive and significant impact on the success of their business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
•Promotes and markets recruitment and retention services to agriculture retail managers
•Facilitates each individual Owner’s recruitment processes and direct-hire needs by assisting with the development and customization of the Owner’s internship programs, graduate trainee programs, and direct placement.
•Develops job descriptions and promotional activities for open positions with the participating Owners.
•Aides Owners to develop and market employer branding positioning
•Develops relationships with hiring managers in order to determine their specific requirements to better source and identify the right talent for the Owner.
•Builds a talent pool by cold calling and sourcing candidates from companies engaged in similar businesses as the client, traditional and online postings, as well as networking with all related organizations and industry contacts.
•Maintains contact throughout the interview process with both the hiring manager and the candidate to ensure alignment between the parties.
•Administers and interprets assessment tools.
•Develops relationships with college professors and placement officers to promote United Suppliers’ Owners group. Represents United Suppliers and select owners at career fairs and recruiting events.
•Facilitates exit interviews and summarizes results.
•As a representative of our Owners, develops middle and high school presentations to promote agriculture retail career opportunities.
•Creates and facilitates onsite training programs designed to assist managers and employees in reaching their potential.
•Researches and develops additional potential services to complement our recruitment and retention strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Management, Sales/Marketing Human resources or Communications.
- Experience working with College interns, hiring managers and attending Career Fairs to promote internship opportunities.
- Experience within agriculture or an agricultural retail-related businesses preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, supervisors, and other employees of the organization.
- Working knowledge of computers and software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace while managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Aligns work with organization’s strategic goals and values; Develops strategies to achieve them.
- Innovative and has the ability to creatively and collaboratively solve problems.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Maintains confidentiality and works ethically and with integrity.
This person will work a territory of Nebraska, Kansas and central/western Iowa. They can office virtually depending on their location. To apply, please go to: https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH10/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNITEDSUPPLIERS&cws=1&rid=236